Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Put Your Dream to the Test: 10 Questions to Help You See It and Seize It by John Maxwell




Often people do not know where to begin in achieving their dreams. They might feel incapacitated by low self-esteem or just inability to get a sense of direction. Put Your Dream to the Test by author John Maxwell will give such a person some practical ways to get going. This book is filled with stories of real people who have achieved and/or are on that road to success. Chapter titles include: The Ownership Question, The Passion Question, and The Fulfillment Question. The reader will also find quotes that inspire among the purposeful stories. One of my favorites is “Reality….is the enemy of fantasies but not of dreams.” This quote came from Rudy Ruettiger and is the intro to the chapter, “The Reality Question”, which was a very beneficial chapter for me personally.

Once I heard a teacher say something to the effect of, “There are always two sides to a mountain.” I think that is an accurate description of this book. I enjoyed this book. It has helped me. But for me, it is one side of the mountain. I think this a very practical book in helping people with their part in God’s plan for their life. I would like to have seen more of God’s side of the mountain. (But I think maybe that is another book!) I don’t want it to be left unsaid however that I think John Maxwell is brilliant and fulfilling his plan for his life and is a man committed to God.

I would recommend this book for anybody who needs help getting started in the right direction. There is so much practical advice on steps you can take to ensure you achieve your dream(s). I would suggest however to buy a paperback copy. I read this book in e-book form, which was not the best idea for a person like me, and for this type of book. I would like to have been able to underline and make notes in the margin. Pastors and missionaries will benefit from this book. There is a chapter entitled “The People Question” which discusses how to place the right people around you to fulfill your dream. Many blessings to you as you endeavor to fulfill the dreams God has placed in your heart and happy reading!


Disclaimer: I received this book from booksneeze.com as part of a free books for bloggers program. I was not required to give a favorable review and the opinions expressed here are entirely my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment